Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Thursday 25 August 2016

Things I Love Thursday

I love my apple tree.  My boy planted it a few years back.  It was $20 on clearance from a grocery store one fall.  It's fed our family well!


I love the sunsets in August,  They are getting earlier all the time.

at the river

I love the river so much.  And I love my Kayak!  I took my youngest out a couple days ago and couldn't be happier!!  We enjoyed the afternoon so very much.  I'd paddle upstream, and then I'd stop and we'd sit back to back as we slowly drifted back toward downtown.  Then again, and again - paddling and drifting, paddling and drifting.  SO fabulous.


On the weekend I held a clothing swap with my old mom's group.  Our babies that drew us together are all becoming teens now.  It's so great to still be so connected and have such strong friendships. We had a big group this time at my house, and everyone went home with bags of new duds.  : )  I lvoe free clothes.  lol  Who doesn't?  There were a few large garbage bags full as left overs and those will be donated to Elizabeth Fry Society this time.  I try to pick a different charity each time.  (You should try it - it's so worthwhile!)

And as the summer winds down, so does the fence project!  My daughters and I spent a couple (painful) hours chopping fabric knots off the fences.  We aren't quite halfway done.  We got 30 feet done, and have 40 still to go. We'll get back to finish the rest before school starts.  It was a great project - and I know so many people got to go see or take part in the big fabric bombing on Broadway Ave.  SO FUN.  Thank you everyone.  : )


I'm off to Handmade House for 2 days this week and then back in the studio.  I loaded a lot of new work in there if you want to go see.  THANK YOU for all the support.  It's been such a busy summer making and keeping my shelves full there.  : )

I hope your summer has been meaningful.
Talk soon!



1 comment:

KaHolly said...

I love my kayak, too! Glad you have had such a good summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *